maandag 21 september 2015

Viola Davis. Emmy Award 2015

 Eindelijk! Een Emmy Award voor een zwarte actrice!

"Viola Davis gives a stirring speech after becoming the first woman of color to win the best actress award at the 2015 Emmys. She speaks out against the difficulties black women have traditionally faced in getting lead roles:

"In my dreams, I see a line, she said, quoting Harriet Tubman* (1823 - 1913). Over that line, I see green fields and lovely flowers and beautiful white women with their arms stretched out to me over that line, but I can't seem to get there no how, I can't seem to get over that line."
"The only thing that seperates women of colour from others is opportunity. You cannot win an Emmy for roles that are simply not there’."




https://www.facebook.com/RAR42/posts/1478012919169964

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten